Windows are always changing and what’s popular now, may not be so in 10 years’ time. What’s evident though is that there’s now a lot more choice for homeowners in the UK when it comes to their windows.
Sash windows are a perfect example of a design that’s stood the test of time. Their heritage comes from as far back as Georgian and Victorian times, typically constructed from timber frames.
But nowadays you can benefit from cheaper windows that are built to last with uPVC.
Sash windows can be opened vertically and horizontally, offering flexibility to your home. With uPVC frames there are some distinct benefits that’ll improve your home.
Of course, whilst the traditional timber frame does provide a charming and elegant appeal, it doesn’t offer the best efficiency levels.
Some of the benefits for choosing uPVC sash windows include:
- A better design with improved usable, putting an end to sticking and rattling issues common with timber frames
- An appearance that takes the appeal of real wood
- A superb range of options in many colours and designs
- Easy maintenance and the frames can be cleaned with wet cloth
- Better insulated than their timber counterparts, helping to reduce your bills
- Enjoys excellent security, keeping you and your home safe
- Offers a fantastic appeal for a cheaper price than traditional window frames.
uPVC is available in a number of colours including white, black, brown, grey, red and even woodgrain finishes. This gives you the opportunity to find something to complement your home.
Sash window suppliers
Sash windows are ever popular and there are many national suppliers offering these designs, including Zenith, Anglian, Crystal, Apex, Eurocell, Everest and Roseview windows.
Of course, you don’t necessarily need to choose a national supplier though and consumer advice service Which? says that you can get a better deal and an improved service with local, independent window companies.